The kit keeps growing

I was too late to get this in as a February post. That's life. So, I found a decent copy of the Fuji 14mm f/2.8 on craigslist. The lens came with a Fuji EF-20 flash for a tiny additional amount. I can't say no to a bargain. On a side note, the seller was letting go of his Fuji equipment because he had accepted a job with Nikon in Japan, after applying to both companies. He mentioned that employees get a 50% discount, such a sweet deal.

I haven't had the chance to take the lens out for a shoot (thanks, deluge). This weekend isn't going to be any better, so it will take some time before I can post anything from the 14mm. I do find the AF to be slow; it goes forward-backwards during focus, just like the 27mm f/2.8. Part and parcel of Fuji's early generation of lenses. It's strange though how the AF of the 18-55mm is just like a Nikon AF-S lens, but the rest of my Fuji lenses are the hunting type.

On the eBay front, I have a Samyang 24mm f/3.5 tilt-shift on the way (USPS totally missed the delivery date). I enjoy using the Nikon 35mm PC, but it's not wide enough, being an equivalent 38mm on the X-E2 with the LTII. I've been trying to snag a NIkon 28mm PC, but the Samyang came up and I couldn't say no (and got a bit carried away with e-bidding).

So the kit continues to grow. I'm now up to five Fuji lenses. I should sell off the Nikon 1 lenses as I don't see much future use out of the V2, outside of hooking it up to the Sigma 500mm for surfing shots. Some of the FX Nikons should also probably go, since I don't use the D3 that much either. 

Or maybe I should buy another cabinet to store the new stuff...nah, that's the easy way out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment