Not a bad start

I did a little cleanup of my kit. Since I haven't used the Fuji XT-1 in over a year, I took that as a sign to let go of the lenses. The 56mm f/1.2 and 23mm f/1.4 have gone on to new homes, where I hope they will receive much love. The Nikon 35mm f/1.8ED and 50mm f/1.8G Special Edition have also moved on. Of the three lenses, the 50mm saw the least use and the least admiration, but it had the nicest cosmetics. Nikon would sell more lenses (to me at lesat) if they added the classic silver ring to their lineup.

So that leaves me with the 35mm f/2 and the 18-55mm f/2.8-4 to us with the XT-1. I really doubt that either will get much use since the Z7 is the superior camera, and the V2 the more portable one.

I also found a clean Canoscan 9000F for $50. It'll make a good replacement for my ancient Epson Photo Perfection 2450 (purchased for S170 waaaaay back in 2004) for scanning MF negatives.

The jury is still out on the Nikon 50mm f/1.8S. So far I can't find anything to complain about with regards to the IQ, but I just can't connect to the focal length. It's neither wide enough nor tele enough, it's just too.....normal.


0 comments:

Post a Comment